By John Lundberg & Rod Dickinson
PRESS RELEASE FROM THE CROP CIRCLE MAKERS
1997 CROP FORMATIONS: WE ARE ARTISTS, THIS IS OUR ARTWORK
We issue this press release to clarify recent speculation in the British media concerning 1997 crop circle formations.
Including: The Guardian, Aug 14th, p8. The Independent on Sunday, Aug 10th, p7. GLR Radio, Aug 10th, 10:30am. The People, Aug 10th, p12. The Daily Mail, Aug 4th, p16. The Independent, Aug 2nd, p14-15
* As the 1997 crop circle season draws to a close our work for this year is nearly over.
* Crop Formations are not hoaxes. They are artworks constructed anonymously under the cover of darkness by small teams of skilled and experienced artists.
* The craft of "circlemaking" requires carefully planned designs, accurate surveying tools and techniques (using sacred geometries) and simple flattening tools.
* Many of the 1997 designs utilize six fold geometry in their underlying structure ie. the division of a circle into six sections or three sections.
* Our years of experience enable us to construct crop formations of a scale and complexity which lead many people to believe they are beyond human endeavor.
* These designs are huge Rorschach tests flattened into the fields of Wiltshire, deciphered according to the belief systems of those who view them.
* Our artworks are placed in Wiltshire particularly the Avebury area - a neolithic landscape - itself a network of site lines and geometries still resonant with mystery.
* Our crop formations are intended to function as temporary sacred sites in this landscape.
* Whilst constructing crop formations in the fields we have experienced a series of aerial anomalies including: small balls of light, columns of light and blinding flashes. All apparently targeting ourselves and our crop formations.
* We are unsurprised at the numerous visitors who have reported a diverse assortment of anomalies associated with our artworks. These have included physiological effects, such as headaches and nausea. Healing effects such as one report of a cure for acute osteoporosis. Physical effects such as camera and other electronic equipment failure.
* We are certain that our artworks are subject to the attention of paranormal forces and act to catalyze other paranormal events.